Cooking with a Potjie Pot
The potjie pot is great for cooking a variety of foods including meat dishes or larger pieces of meat, vegetables and rice. The rounded shape helps to collect liquid in the bottom of the pot, requiring only a small amount of liquids to be added. The potjie pot can be used by placing the pot over hot coals, either on an open fire or on top of a grill.
- Place coals under and around the pot. The heat can be regulated through moving coals closer or further away from the pot.
- If a loud bubbling sound can be heard from two metres away the heat is too high.
- If you can hear a soft simmer the temperature is right. Keep a fire going close by for new hot coals to be added as required.
- Avoid placing the potjie pot over flames as this may weaken the cast iron and can lead to cracking.
- Avoid adding cold liquids into a warm potjie pot.
- When adding liquids pre-heat to boiling temperature or add very small amounts at a time.
- Always wash a warm potjie pot with hot water or let it cool completely before washing it.
- Pre-seasoned and ready to use
- Built-in cast iron legs to position in the fire coals
- Heavy duty base and walls provide even heat distribution
- Comfortable steel spiral carry handle
- Wooden storage box with rope carry handles
- Dimensions: Ø270 x 330H (mm)
- Weight: 10.2kg
Warning: Product pre-seasoned with vegetable oil which may contain traces of nuts
For a PDF copy of the manual please click Here or on the PDF icon below the main image.
We Also Recommend
Others Also Bought