You can't own a camp oven and not cook a roast! This Roast Lamb recipe is a staff favourite.
- Leg of lamb (approx. 1.6kg – 1.8kg)
- 6 garlic wedges, cut in half
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- ½ cup water
- Salt, to taste
- Veggies of choice
- Pre-heat your camp oven
- Take lamb out of the fridge about 10 minutes before cooking. Trim an excess fat.
- Make 12 or so small incisions on the outer edge of the lamb and slot in fresh garlic. Rub with sale to taste.
- Lay rosemary on top and place lamb on trivet in camp oven. Add ½ cup of water to the bottom.
- Put the lid on the oven and cook over low heat coals for 1hr 45mins. Check with a skewer every 30-40mins.
- Place hot coals on the lid for the last 20mins of cooking.
- Serve with veggies of choice.