Recipe: Zucchini & Corn Fritters
Crisp on the outside, soft inside and flavour packed, Zucchini & Corn Fritters make for a great snack, side or light meal during the warmer months.
- 250g zucchini, grated
- 300g sweet corn kernels
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbls chilli flakes
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tbls coriander, chopped
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tbls flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbls mint, chopped
- 4 tbls goat's curd
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- Place the grated zucchini in a bowl and season with salt. Set aside for 15 mins. Squeeze excess liquid from zucchini and discard.
- Add corn, salt and pepper, garlic, chilli, shallot and coriander into a bowl and stir together. Next add the flour and beaten egg and and mix well.
- Next fold in the zucchini, parsley, feta, mint and spring onion.
- Preheat your hotplate and grease with oil.
- Scoop zucchini mix onto hotplate and press down to shape into a flat circle. Cook on both sides for about 5 mins until golden, crisp and cooked through.
- Repeat with remaining mix.
- Serve with your favourite relish or as a side!