Recipe: Tin Foil Whole Fish
If you’re anything like us, you can’t get enough of fresh seafood throughout summer.
- 1 whole fish scaled and cleaned (Snapper is great)
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 x tomato
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coriander
- 1 lime
- 2 lemons
- Pinch raw sugar
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Finely dice onion, tomato, and coriander. Place into a medium mixing bowl
- Add mustard seeds and shredded coconut and stir through.
- Next squeeze lime and one lemon into the bowl followed by pinch of sugar and mix well.
- Slice second lemon into wedges.
- Place (scaled and cleaned) whole fish onto an oiled sheet of tin foil.
- Fill inside of fish with ¾ of filling and ¾ sliced lemon wedges. Top with leftover filling, lemon wedges and salt and pepper to taste.
- Wrap and seal fish in tin foil sheet. Place on campfire grill over low coals for 30-45 mins depending on fish size.
- Serve with grilled veggies and camp oven rice.