Recipe: Skillet Frittata
For when bacon and eggs just won’t cut it! This simple Brekky Frittata Recipe is one the whole family will enjoy.
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup basil, chopped
- ½ cup cheese
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté until soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low (raise campfire grill or move skillet away from flames. Add tomatoes to the skillet, followed by egg mixture, basil, and cheese. Cover with a lid then placing a few embers on top.
- Cook until eggs are set and frittata looks to be fluffed up a little.
- Slice like a cake!