Recipe: Savoury Scone Scrolls
These Savoury Scones are the perfect afternoon snack! A great recipe for those working on their camp oven baking skills.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 80-100g butter
- ¾ cup milk (approx.)
- 2 tbls crushed garlic
- 3 tbls sweet chilli sauce
- 150g bacon, chopped
- 150g cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- In a large mixing bowl, rub butter into flour until it looks like rough breadcrumbs.
- Create a well in the centre of the flour and butter mix. Gradually add the milk, stirring until it forms a dough consistency. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Dust a bread board with flour and roll out the dough to approx. 1cm thick. Evenly spread garlic and sweet chilli sauce on to the dough then sprinkle bacon, cheese and onion over the base.
- Roll the dough and topping to form a log shape. Cut into 3cm slices.
- Place the scrolls onto a trivet in a camp oven. Add coals to the top & bottom and bake for approx. 20-25 mins, or until golden brown.