Recipe: Pumpkin Potato Bake
For some reason, potato bake tastes better when cooked in a pumpkin! This is a super easy recipe and makes for a great side dish.
- 1 whole pumpkin
- 3 – 4 potatoes
- 4 rasher bacon
- 300mls cream
- ½ packet French onion soup
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- If using a camp oven, line the inside with tine foil. Alternatively, cook pumpkin directly over coals.
- Cut top off pumpkin and remove seeds, creating a well in the centre.
- Pell and slice potatoes. *Optional: boil until slightly soft.
- Dice bacon. Mix together with cream, French onion soup mix, potatoes and half the cheese.
- Place mixture into pumpkin and top with breadcrumbs and leftover cheese.
- Put the pumpkin top back on and place over coals or in camp oven. Cook for 3-4 hours, depending on whether potatoes were partially boiled.