Recipe: Mac & Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin
What's better than one food? Two: One stuffed inside the other.
- 1 whole Kent Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 250g pre-made Alfredo sauce (half a jar)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 -1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pre-heat 12 Quart Camp Oven.
- Cut a circle from the top of the pumpkin at a 45-degree angle then scoop out the seeds and strings. Generously salt and pepper the inside of the pumpkin, pop the top back on it, place it on a trivet in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Stir Alfredo sauce into the cooked pasta with the three cheeses and enough milk to keep things moist.
- Once the pumpkin is done baking, take it off the fire and fill it with the mac & cheese. Place the top back on the pumpkin and bake for 1 hour, taking the top off for the last 15 minutes so the cheese on top can golden.