Recipe: French Toast
If you’re anything like us, you like to indulge when on holidays. This French Toast recipe is the ultimate Sunday brunch dish to whip up both at home and on the road.
- 1 loaf Vienna our Sourdough bread
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbls butter for pan
- ¼ tsp nutmeg, optional
- Maple syrup & berries to top
- Chopping board
- Large mixing bowl
- Camp hot plate
- Cut the bread into thick slices.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl (big enough to fit a slice of bread). Then add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until combined.
- Heat butter on a camp hot plate over coals. Dip a slice of bread into the mixture, letting it thoroughly soak on each side. Allow the excess to drip off and place on hot plate. Cook until golden and crispy on each side.
- Repeat with the rest of the bread, adding more butter to the plate as needed.
- Serve with maple syrup and berries.