Recipe: Damper Spirals
Taking the family camping these school holidays? Here is a fun recipe, easy recipe the kids will love!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1.5 cups milk
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Jam or maple syrup for topping
- Long sticks
- Rub the butter through the flour until it is mixed well.
- Gradually add milk, salt, and sugar until it forms a dough.
- Divide into as many pieces as you need then roll out into along dough ‘snake’.
- Wind the dough around a clean, dry stick. Pinch at the top and bottom to secure.
- Carefully hold over the damper spirals over campfire to cook. Twirl around until each side is golden.
- Serve with jam or maple syrup.