Recipe: Dagwood Dogs
Our 'Fast Flame Food' series is all about bringing the flavours of your favourite fast food/takeout restaurants to the campsite. Why? Why not! This recipe a popular carnival pick - Dagwood Dogs.
- 16 hotdogs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 tsb bi carb soda
- 1 cup polenta (or cornmeal)
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- oil for frying
- Cook hotdogs as per packet instructions.
- Combine flour, polenta, bi-carb soda & sugar.
- Combine milk and then whisk into the flour mixture using a fork.
- Dry hotdogs with paper towel then cut in half and insert skewers.
- Heat oil in camp oven over hot coals. *Be cautious of spitting oil
- Coat each hotdog in batter then carefully place into camp oven. *Be cautious of spitting oil
- Cook for 5 mins or until golden.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce!