Recipe: Corn Bread
Grab the butter out of the fridge and put the kettle on, this cornbread recipe is the perfect morning or afternoon snack.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (or polenta)
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup neutral oil or melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
9-inch cake tin
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan or cast iron skillet well and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine.
- Make a well in the center of your dry ingredients and add your oil or butter, milk, and egg. Stir just until the mixture comes together and there are only a few lumps remaining.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan then place into camp oven. Bake until the top is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.