Recipe: Classic Damper
There are many recipe variations of the classic camp oven Damper, but ours always seems to be a campsite hit so we thought we'd share it!
- 1kg flour
- 100g butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- Approx. 200ml milk
- Pre-heat camp oven.
- Using a large mixing bowl, rub butter and flour together until smooth. Add pinch of salt of mix well.
- Crack 1 egg into the flour mix and stir through using wooden spoon.
- Gradually add milk until flour mix turns into dough.
- Tip out onto a bread board and knead for 3min. form into a round/oval shape and place into camp oven. Rest for 10mins.
- Place a lid on the camp oven and bake over coals until golden brown.