Recipe: Chorizo & Manchego Tortilla
Sausage, eggs & cheese. The ultimate brekky combo. Add a dollop of homemade, garlicky alioli and this is about as good as it gets!
- 1/4 olive oil
- 2 chorizo, thinly sliced
- 450g chat potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 50g Manchego, thinly shaved
- 1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
For the Alioli
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 egg yolks
- 200ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 30ml sherry vinegar, or to taste
- For alioli, crush garlic & 2 tsp salt in a small bowl until a fine paste forms, then add yolks & mix to combine. Slowly add oil while stirring, then vinegar to taste. Set aside.
- Heat half olive oil in Combo Cooker or cast iron skillet over medium heat, add chorizo and sauté until crisp then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet then sauté potato until tender, add onion and garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and place with chorizo.
- Whisk eggs & lemon rind lightly, season to taste and and pour over potato mixture. Story through Manchego & parsley and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat reserved oil on medium heat then add egg mixture, shaking pan to level top & cook. Shake pan frequently until half set, then grill until golden.
- Serve warm with alioli and extra Manchego.