Recipe: Chilli Garlic Prawns
Does anyone else overindulge on prawns throughout summer? Here is a simple but very tasty recipe for you to try!
- 1kg green fresh prawns
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 red chillies
- 2 limes
- Wooden skewers
- Medium mixing bowl
- Camp Fridge/Esky
- Camp Hot Plate
- Peel fresh prawns leaving the tails on (remove shell and legs). Place in fridge to keep cold.
- Deseed the chillies. Chop chillies and garlic finely and place into a medium bowl.
- Squeeze lime juice into chilli & garlic mix then add olive oil and prawns. Toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and place bowl into camp fridge to chill for 20mins.
- Once chilled, skewers prawns through the body first then the tail. Repeat this step five times (five prawns per skewer).
- Place skewers on camp hot plate over fire until cooked – approx. 2 ½ min each side.