Recipe: Camp Oven Chicken Enchiladas
Spice up your camping trip with a Mexican themed dinner one night! These Chicken Enchiladas are super tasty, easy to make and are bound to win your fellow campers over.
- 500g diced chicken
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 red capsicum, cut into strips
- ½ red onion, sliced
- 2 cups cheese
- 2 tbls oil
- 1 tbls cumin
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 jar enchilada sauce
- 4-6 flour tortillas
*Optional: jalapenos & lime wedges
- Preheat your camp oven.
- Heat the oil in a your camp oven then add the capsicum and onion and saute for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the chicken, garlic, cumin, and salt, and fry until fragrant and cooked through. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl.
- Place a trivet on the bottom of your camp oven then line with al foil. Next add 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
- To build the enchiladas, line the chicken mix into the center of a flour tortilla. Add a few spoonfuls of black beans and top with cheese. Roll the tortilla up then place into the oven seam side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover the enchiladas with the remaining sauce and cheese. Place the lid on top and cook for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted (about 15 coals on the lid).
- Serve topped with jalapenos, coriander and a squeeze of lime.