Recipe: Cheese & Bacon Pull-Apart
Sometimes, simple recipes can be the tastiest. This quick and easy dish is a great one for kids or fussy eaters.
- 1kg flour
- 100g butter
- 1 large egg
- Approx. 200ml milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 200g bacon bits
- Prepare the campfire or charcoal for cooking.
- Rub butter and flour together until smooth, add pinch of salt and mix well.
- Add 1 egg to your mix and stir through with a wooden spoon. Mix and add milk gradually until flour becomes a dough.
- Tip flour mix onto a bread board and knead for 3min. Place into a bowl, cover with cling wrap (or paper towel) and allow to rest for 20mins.
- Without making it too thin, flatten out dough mix into a rectangle shape. Sprinkle cheese and bacon pieces into the center (lengthways) of dough then roll to close.
- Using kitchen scissors (or a sharp knife), snip 8 incisions into the long side of the dough to make ‘pull-apart’ tabs.
- Bake until golden brown.