Recipe: Cheese, bacon & chives stuffed baguette
You can't go wrong with a stuffed baguette, especially when cheese and bacon is involved.
- 1 baguette
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup bacon, diced
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pre-heat 10 Quart Camp Oven.
- Whisk eggs together then add milk, diced bacon, grated cheese and chopped chives. Mix well.
- Cut baguette in half length ways then pull out the center to create a bowl. Be sure to leave a few cm's at the bottom to hold stuffing ingredients.
- Divide cheese and bacon mixture into the two baguette boats.
- Place a trivet in the base of a camp oven. Lay both baguettes on top and bake until cheese is melted and bread is golden.
- Cut into 7 pieces (like garlic bread) and serve warm.