Recipe: Charred Corn with Chilli & Lime
With a smokey flavour and a juicy filling, Char Grilled Corn is a simple but delicious addition to your campfire or BBQ meals.
- 4 corn cobs in their husks
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbls coriander, roughly chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Limes wedges, to serve
*Optional: Tabasco sauce for tasting
- Soak the corn cobs in cold water for 10-20 mins.
- Preheat your camp grill.
- Peel back (but don't remove) the husks. Remove and discard the silk then pull the husks back over the cob.
- Grill the corn for 15-20 mins, turning frequently, until the husks are dry and brown.
- In the meantime, combine butter with chilli, coriander, salt and Tabasco.
- Peel back the husk and brush on the butter mix (don't be shy!). Cook for a further 1-2 mins until it blackens then remove from heat.
- Brush on any remainder butter mix then serve with lime wedges.