Recipe: Camp Oven Sausage Rolls
Sausage Rolls; the ultimate camping snack. Pssst, don’t forget to pack the tomato sauce!
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 brown onion, small, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 150g bacon, finely minced (streaky and fatty, not the lean stuff!)
- 500g beef mince (ground pork, not lean)
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 sheets puff pastry , thawed then each cut into half
- 1 egg , lightly whisked
- Start by mixing Filling ingredients together in a bowl. Use your hands to mix well.
- Lay out a rectangle of pastry, long edge closest to you. Brush egg along one long edge.
- Get 1/5 the of the filling & shape into a long log down the middle of the pastry. Ensure the meat is tight and compact, without gaps.
- Brush edge of pastry with egg then roll up, finishing with the seam side down.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour (optional).
- Cut each log into four equal lengths, or just two if you want full size sausage rolls. Brush with egg.
- Place on baking paper and trivet in camp oven. Bake for 20-30 mins or until golden brown!