Recipe: Camp Oven Sausage Casserole
Rich and flavour-packed, just how we like our camp oven dishes.
- 250ml chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 handful fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 pork sausages
- 2 brown onions, diced
- 2 capsicums any colour, diced
- 5 medium carrots, peeled & sliced into chunks
- 6 small potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat your 9 quart camp oven.
- Drizzle a little bit of oil in the oven then add the sausages and fry until browned.
- Add the onions, capsicum and garlic, and cook until fragrant and softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (reserving some thyme and parsley for garnish) and stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 3½ hours, stirring every hour or so. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with thyme and parsley then serve.