Recipe: Camp Oven Pulled Pork
From bread rolls to baked potatoes, nachos to pizza, Pulled Pork is one of those dishes that can be served in many ways!
- 6 kgs of pork butt or boneless shoulder roast
- 1 cup stock
- 1 cup of apple juice
- 2 apples
- 2 onions
- 1 cup BBQ sauce of choice (we used Stubb’s Smokey Mesquite)
For the BBQ Rub
- ¼ brown sugar
- 2 tbls Paprika
- 1 tbls black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- Mix together BBQ rub ingredients then coat over pork.
- Braise the pork in your camp oven until brown, making sure to get some nice burnt ends.
- Remove pork and add chopped apples and onions. Place pork back in and fill with stock and juice to cover ¾ of the pork.
- Cook low and slow for up to 6 hours or when the pork pulls apart. Try and regulate a slow heat approx. 150 degrees at most.
- Once finished, place shredded pork into a tray and thoroughly coat in BBQ sauce.