Recipe: Camp Oven Dessert Cob
Whether or not you make it out for a camping trip these school holidays, this Dessert Cob is ultimate camp oven treat for the kids. If you’re without a fire, cook up in the oven at home.
- 1 cob loaf
- 100g milk chocolate buttons
- 100g white chocolate buttons
- 600ml thickened cream
- 1 large handful Smarties
- 1 large handful mixed Allen's Lollies
- Mini Pretzels
- Scott Finger biscuits
- Fresh strawberries and blueberries
- Pre-heat 9 Quart Camp Oven.
- Combine the milk and white chocolate buttons in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat half of the thickened cream until steam rises off the surface. Do not let it boil. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until all the chocolate has melted.
- While chocolate mixture cools slightly, whip the remaining cream by hand until medium peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Prepare your cob by carefully slicing of the top. Pull the bread out of the middle to create a bowl and set pieces aside. Be sure to leave a few cm's in the bottom to hold the liquid chocolate contents.
- Place your hollow cob and bread pieces onto a trivet in a camp oven to bake. Toast until golden.
- Serve your dessert cob with any of your favourite snacks and lollies that can be used to dip into the chocolate as well as the remaining toasty bread pieces.