Recipe: Camp Oven Cupcakes
Whether you’re celebrating a birthday on the road or are craving baked goods while camping, this cupcake recipe is perfect for all occasions. Play around with the flavours and add ins if you’re feeling adventurous!
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 125g butter, softened
- 3/4 cup milk (approx.)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dark or white choc chips (or both)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (optional)
- 10 Quart Camp Oven
- Silicone muffin tray
- Patty pans
- Add softened butter, sugar and vanilla essence to a mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Add the eggs and stir until the mixture is lightly creamed. Next slowly sift in the flour while stirring. Add milk and thoroughly beat mixture together with a spoon until smooth.
- Stir in choc chips (and cocoa powder if using) then scoop a tablespoon of mixture into the patty pans in the muffin tray.
- Place the muffin tray into a camp oven and onto hot coals. Put lid on with a couple of coals on top. Cook for 15-20mins, rotating occasionally.