Recipe: Bolognese with Ricotta Cheese
You can’t go wrong with a big bowl of spag, especially when it’s loaded with cheese!
- 1kg minced beef
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 cups beef stock
- 500g Rigatoni pasta, cooked
- 3/4 ball ricotta cheese
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp rosemary, dried
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Salt & pepper
- Heat a camp oven over hot coals then add olive oil and the minced beef. Cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, tomato, garlic, and rosemary to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions and celery have softened. Next pour in the red wine and allow to absorb into the mix.
- Add the beef stock, salt & pepper to taste and bring to the boil (lid on).
- Allow the sauce simmer for about 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Stir the cooked Rigatoni and parmesan into the sauce mix. Pull the ricotta ball apart into small pieces and scatter over the top of the pasta. Place the lid back on the camp oven and cook for another 10 mins or until the cheese melts and just starts to brown.
- Serve with garlic bread damper!