Recipe: Bangers, Brussels and Mash
"Deep-fried Brussel sprouts with a silky smooth dressing served with pork bangers and buttery mash." Drool! A twist in the classic bangers and mash.
- 2kg Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- 150g lentils
- 1 packet of Campers Pantry Beans
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 bunch fresh continental parsley
- 2 litres of rice bran oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tbls of hot English mustard
- 100ml vincotto
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your camp oven
- Take lamb out of the fridge about 10 minutes before cooking. Trim an excess fat.
- Make 12 or so small incisions on the outer edge of the lamb and slot in fresh garlic. Rub with sale to taste.
- Lay rosemary on top and place lamb on trivet in camp oven. Add ½ cup of water to the bottom.
- Put the lid on the oven and cook over low heat coals for 1hr 45mins. Check with a skewer every 30-40mins.
- Place hot coals on the lid for the last 20mins of cooking.
- Serve with veggies of choice.
Recipe and images provided by Campers Pantry.