Recipe: Apple Crumble Damper
For those looking to spice up their damper a little! Tip: This recipe goes perfectly with a morning or afternoon cuppa.
- 1 kg flour
- 100g butter
- 1 large egg
- approx. 200ml milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tin stew apples
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Rub butter and flour together until smooth. Add pinch salt.
- Crack 1 egg into the mix and stir through using a wooden spoon. Add milk gradually until the flour becomes a dough.
- Tip dough out onto a bread board and knead for 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix stewed apples, brown sugar, breadcrumbs, and cinnamon together.
- Pin damper dough out onto a board then add filling ingredients to centre. Roll dough up then place into camp oven to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown.