Recipe: 4 Savoury Damper Flavours
Looking to change up your damper recipe? Try adding these ingredients for a little flavour hit!
- 1kg flour
- 100g butter
- 1 large egg
- Approx. 200ml milk
- Pinch of salt
- Butter & Vegemite
- Garlic, Parmesan and Mixed Herbs
- Cheese & Chives
- Olives and Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Choose your filling
- Mix together damper base (see Classic Damper recipe for full method), then add your filling of choice.
- Butter & Vegemite: Cook the damper bread as normal then spread butter and vegemite on for a classic camp breakfast.
- Garlic, Parmesan & Mixed Herbs: Add 1-2 tsp of chopped garlic, ½ cup of parmesan and 1-2 tsp of mixed herbs to your damper. This is a great side for spaghetti or stews.
- Cheese & Chives: Mix 1 cup of cheese and 1 tbsp of chives into the mix for the ultimate afternoon snack. For an extra crunch, top with grated cheese and bake until melted and golden.
- Olives & Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Add a ¼ cup of chopped olives and sundried tomatoes for a Mediterranean take on damper. Eat as is or serve with dip or add to a cheese board.