Recipe: Plum Skillet Tart
For those post-dinner dessert cravings.
- 2-3 sheets frozen puff pastry, just thawed
- 4-5 dark ripe plums (deseeded)
- 2 tbls coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbls honey
- Slice plums into wedges and put into a saucepan with half the coconut sugar and water.
- Bring to the boil then let simmer, stirring when needed to stop it sticking. The plums should begin to release moisture as they cook. Add more water if needed.
- Once plum pieces are soft, pour the liquid into another pan. *Optional: Save the syrup to mix with soda or other refreshing beverages for Mum.
- Lay pastry sheets into skillet to fit then cut around the edges. Place plum pieces on top of pastry in one flat layer. Drizzle with honey and fold edges slightly.
- Cover with aluminium foil or lid and place over a low fire, cook until edges begin to appear brown.