Recipe: Jaffle Iron Apple Pie
You can't beat a dessert jaffle! Quick, easy, delicious and minimal washing up. What more could you want?
- 1 cup canned apple slices, drained
- 2 tbls sultanas
- 2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 2 sheets ready rolled puff pastry, cut into quarters
- Softened butter, to brush
- Ice-cream to serve
- Jaffle iron
- Mixing bowl
- Plastic spoon
- Preheat Jaffle Iron over coals or firepit.
- Combine apples, sultanas and cinnamon sugar in a large bowl.
- Carefully place two cut pieces of pastry into warm Jaffle Iron. Spoon a quarter of the apple mixture into the centre of the pastry on one side.
- Place two more pieces on the opposite side of the iron. Close the lid and place over coals or firepit, cooking for 8 minutes or until pastry is golden.
- Remove jaffles and brush one side of each sandwich with a little butter and sprinkle over a little cinnamon sugar and top with ice-crem.
- Repeat with remaining pastry pieces so the whole family can enjoy.